Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour). Carrot cake with whole wheat flour. This carrot cake is prepared using whole wheat flour and not all purpose flour. Thus the addition of whole wheat flour makes this a healthy cake.
I learnt this carrot cake using all purpose flour and eggs from her. To make eggless carrot cake I have used whole wheat flour entirely. The cake is denser and a bit of darker shade due to wheat flour. You can cook Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour)
- It’s 1+3/4 cups of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 cup of flavorless oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain yogurt.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence.
- It’s 1 cup of whole-wheat flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- You need 2 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 1/2 cup of walnuts.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of softened butter.
- Prepare 4 ounces of cream cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
If you prefer lighter cakes or preparing carrot cake for celebrations you can use all purpose flour. Eggless carrot cake recipe with video & step by step photos. This eggless carrot cake is one of the easiest to bake & frost as well. It turns out soft & tastes delicious with a lovely aroma of spice powders.
Eggless carrot cake (with whole-wheat flour) step by step
- Beat 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup oil until smooth..
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt and 1 tablespoon vanilla essence to the sugar and oil mixture and beat well..
- Mix the dry ingredients (1 cup whole-wheat flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 cup baking soda, 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder) and add to the liquid mixture through a sieve. Slowly fold until no dry patches are visible..
- Add 2 cups of shredded carrots and 1/2 cup walnuts to this mixture. Pour the mixture in a baking pan and bake in a preheated oven for 45mins at 350F. Once done, let the cake cool down..
- To prepare the frosting, add 1/4 cup softened butter, remaining 3/4 cups sugar and 4 oz cream cheese to a bowl. Beat well to form a smooth frosting. Layer the top of the cooled cake with the frosting. Sprinkle a dash of cinnamon if you like..
Carrot cake is great to make during occasions & celebrations especially for kids' birthday. I have not used any nuts & raisins but you can use some walnuts & sweet raisins if you like them. Carrot cake recipe with step by step pics. Decadent and delicious easy carrot cake made without eggs. Since carrots are in season, I am sharing this eggless cake recipe.