Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe). This is a copycat recipe for P F Chang's Stir-Fried Spicy Eggplant (Chinese eggplant tossed in a spicy vegetarian sauce with chili paste and Add eggplant and mix well. Stir in cornstarch paste a little at a time until desired consistency. Stir-fry cubed chicken breast with mushrooms, spinach, eggplant, and soy sauce for a quick and easy main dish.
Meanwhile, heat a large wok or stainless-steel skillet over high. Add the canola oil, sesame oil, eggplant, and chicken to the wok and cook, stirring often, until evenly cooked and lightly browned. Remove eggplant and drain on paper towels. You can have Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe)
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sesame oil (no canola oil is used as no deep frying in this recipe).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced garlic (about 6 large cloves).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sliced ginger.
- You need 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch, mixed with 2 tablespoons water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoons of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of fish sauce (instead of vinegar).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of date syrup (instead of the sugar and to induce some dark color as no bean sauce is used in this recipe).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of water.
- It’s of Chicken breasts cut into cubes and cooked separately in a pan with 1 tablespoon canola oil, salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Skinned Eggplant sliced as desired.
- Prepare of Carrots cut into stripes.
- You need of Green onions.
- You need of Steamed white rice.
- You need of Chili flakes (no chili paste or spicy sauce to make it edible for children but these can be added as desired).
- Prepare of Water to steam the eggplants and carrots (steaming is used to eliminate using a lot of oil in the recipe and to reduce time for sautéing eggplants and carrots in oil).
Meanwhile remove all but ½ tspn of oil from wok. Add eggplant and simmer for another. Stir the chicken back into the pan, and add the fish and soy sauce mixture. Uncover, and stir in the basil.
Stir-fried eggplant with chicken (a twist on P.F. Chang’s stir-fried spicy eggplant recipe) step by step
- Steam the eggplants and the carrots separately.
- In a wok or large pan add the 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the garlic, the ginger and the sesame seeds.. Oh the fragrance!! .
- Sauté the steamed carrots first for about 1 minute then add steamed eggplants and drizzle some sesame oil on top. Carefully mix for about 5 minutes. Note that since steaming has been used, it reduces a lot the cooking time of the vegetables at this phase. Basically we are just coating them with flavor. You can vary the amount of time for steaming and make it less steaming but more sautéing time with oil or the opposite like what I did. I chose the latter to give it a healthier twist..
- Now add the already chicken cubes on top of step 3..
- Prepare the sauce by mixing the cornstarch with the water, adding the soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili flakes, and the date syrup. If you need to use more water you can add the amount of water remaining or less of it as desired..
- Pour the sauce prepared in step 5 to step 4 and wait until it reduces.
- Slice green onions to garnish and serve with white steamed rice. Bon appetit! .
P. f. chang'S chang's spicy chicken. The sweet and spicy zing in the secret sauce sets this recipe apart as one of P. And it's not hard to clone if you're looking for something to do with those chicken breasts sitting in the fridge. Stir fry the ginger and garlic for a quick minute then add the chilies. Make sure to have your fan on!