Dal Makhni. Creamy & buttery Dal Makhani is one of India's most special and popular dal. Black lentils are cooked with lot of butter and cream making it a special dish. This dal makhani recipe is restaurant style and tastes awesome.
Dal makhani is a classic Indian dish. The same goes with Dal Makhni as well. There is no occasion or festival, when dal makhni is not prepared or eaten. You can cook Dal Makhni using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dal Makhni
- Prepare 250 gm of black dal, soaked overnight.
- It’s 2 of onion paste.
- Prepare 2 of big tomato.
- Prepare 5 clove of garlic.
- It’s of As neede ginger.
- Prepare 3-4 of green chilli.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Corinder powder.
- You need 1/2 tbs of Dry mango powder.
- You need 1 tbs of Garm masala.
- You need As needed of Kasturi methi.
- Prepare 50 g of Butter.
- It’s 3-5 tbs of Oil.
- It’s 2 of Tej pata.
- You need 3-5 of clove.
- It’s 2-3 of 1Cardamom.
- You need As needed of Asafetida.
- You need As needed of red chilli powder.
- Prepare As needed of Turmic powder.
- Prepare of Salt accoding to your taste.
- You need of Water.
It is one of the most popular main dishes that you will see in any restaurant. i have posted several dal recipes. try out the mango dal, pancharatna dal, dal tadka, khichdi, maa channa ki dal, kat saaru, moong dal. serve this dal recipe, with choice of rice recipes, especially jeera. Dal Makhani is a popular dish from state of Punjab. Rich and hearty, dal makhani is a combination of whole urad (an Indian lentil)and red kidney beans. It goes well with Naan, and Tandoori Roti.
Dal Makhni instructions
- Take pressure cooker add black dal,tej pata,big cardamon, clove, salt and water.Boil it for 15- 25 minutes on medium flame..
- Now Make a tomato pure with ginger, garlic, green chilli..
- Take a fry pan put in required oil and add onion paste,red chilli, turmic powder mix all together.Cook for it 2-3 minutes. After this add tomato pure, corinder powder,dry mango powder,garm masala, butter and kasturi methi then cook for 5-10 minutes..
- Lastly, Garnish with fresh cream and Coriander Leaves. Serve Delicious, Creamy Hot Dal makhni with Rice, chapati and naan.?.
Dal Makhani is traditionally made with whole black urad dal (black lentils) and rajma (kidney beans). There are many recipes which will tell you otherwise, and ask you to use any lentils available to you. Dal Makhani is a delicacy from Punjab in India. Traditionally this dal is cooked on a slow flame for hours on the charcoal for best flavors. Dal Makhani or maa di dal, as it is popularly known in the Punjab, with its smooth velvety texture and lovely flavour is a delicacy that is very much a dish of the Punjab.