Veggie biriyani. Veg biryani recipe with pot, pressure cooker & Instant pot options. Vegetable biryani is an aromatic rice dish made by cooking basmati rice with mix veggies, herbs & biryani spices. Traditionally Biryani was made by dum cooking marinated meat with basmati rice & spices.
It's delicious served with mint chutney or simple, plain yogurt. Make the rice: Place the rice in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, over medium-high. You can have Veggie biriyani using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Veggie biriyani
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- You need 1 of chopped tomato.
- It’s 1 of chopped carrot.
- Prepare 1 of chopped potato.
- It’s of Ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare of Cinnamon.
- It’s of Black pepper seeds.
- You need 2 of cloves.
- You need 1 of dry red chilli.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- You need of Salt and red chilli powder as per taste.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of Chast masala.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of garam masala.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of biriyani masala (optional).
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of mustard seeds.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- You need 3 tablespoon of plain yogurt.
Nothing like a good plate of aromatic biryani! This Vegetable Biryani hits all the right spots with its wonderful aroma and exotic flavors! Loaded with veggies, crunchy cashews, warm spices like saffron, herbs like cilantro and mint, this biryani is a delight to the taste buds in every bite! Veg biryani recipe with step by step photos – this Hyderabadi biryani is the most popular veg biryani recipe posted on the blog, tried and tested by many readers.
Veggie biriyani instructions
- Tale 2 tablespoon of oil or / butter in a pressure cooker and heat it on a medium flame..
- Add mustard seeds, bay leaf, black pepper seeds, red dry chilli, cinnamon stick and let it seasoned..
- Add onion, carrots, potato and ginger garlic paste. Add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder as per taste and cook it for 4-5 minutes..
- Add tomatoes, cumin powder, red chilli powder, biriyani masala(optional), garam masala and mix it well..
- Now add basamati rice into it. Add yogart and give it a mix..
- Now Pour 3 and half cups of water into it and close the pressure cooker with a lid. Let the cooker whistle 4 times. Open the cooker once it is cool down to normal temperature. Serve it with a yougart and enjoy it .
Hyderabadi veg biryani recipe is one of the delicious variety of biryani and tastes awesome. One of my favorite biryani is the Hyderabadi veg dum biryani. my mom makes the best biryanis and I have seen her many times cooking. Vegetable Biryani is a bold and flavorful Indian rice dish with bell peppers, peas, carrots and potatoes in a spiced rice dish made with turmeric, garam masala and other warm spices. We're working through a list of our favorite Indian recipes including Indian Butter Chicken and Easy Chicken Tikka Masala and it felt only right the next recipe shared… This vegetable-packed biryani is a one-pot dish that's aromatic, flavorful and super tasty. You are going to love this vegetarian biryani recipe!