Sharon's Potato Salad. Sharon's tips: If you are short on time, you can purchase eggs that have been boiled and peeled at A classic Southern Potato Salad, just like Grandma used to make; this easy old-fashioned side-dish is. This is how I make my potato salad. Creamy Japanese potato salad with mashed potato, carrot, ham, cucumber, egg, and sweet corn.
Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned This potato salad recipe was the closest I could get to Mrs. Ingrid's secret recipe although I still feel a hint. Want to make potato salad just like your mom used to? You can have Sharon's Potato Salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sharon's Potato Salad
- It’s 3 lb of bag of small red potatoes.
- Prepare 7 of eggs.
- It’s of Sweet relish.
- You need of Miracle whip.
- Prepare of Sandwich spread.
- You need of Mustard.
- It’s of Paprika (optional).
You can use any kind of potato, but red potatoes are traditional since they hold together well and look nice. Potato salad is mainly considered as a side dish because it usually accompanies different main dishes. But one can have it for their launch or dinner as it fills you up totally. This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays.
Sharon's Potato Salad instructions
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 4 sections. Rinse potatoes and put in a pot of water; boil until tender.
- Boil eggs to your liking (mine were hard boiled) place eggs in cold water and set aside.
- When potatoes are tender drain and place in bowl; set aside.
- Peel eggs. Dice 5 eggs and add them to the potatoes; set the other 2 to the side.
- Add a cup of relish, cup of miracle whip, cup of sandwich spread, and 2 tbsp of mustard.
- Continue adding above ingredients WHILE TASTING until you get to your desired flavor and consistency.
- Once it is perfect to you slice the remaining 2 eggs and place them on top of the potato salad. Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Place a lid over it and put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Potato salad is a popular side dish that comes in many different versions in many different parts of the world. Are you a fan of potato salad? Does a bear shit in the woods and wipe its ass with a rabbit? Most potato salad recipes combine cooked potatoes, chopped onion, and other vegetables, sometimes eggs, and some type of salad dressing or mayonnaise. A delicious and easy potato salad made with sweet, russet and red potatoes!