Chicken thighs with chickpeas. The chickpeas provide enough starch for the chicken, so there's no need for rice or potatoes. The dish does need a splash of green, which is ably accomplished Place the chicken thighs in the bowl and toss to coat completely with the spices. You can do this several hours ahead, or right before cooking.
Toss the vegetables and chickpeas with olive oil and salt then evenly layer the mixture across the sheet pan. Place the chicken thighs on top of the chickpea ratatouille mix. Griddled chicken thighs with chickpeas, piquillo peppers and lemony dressing. You can cook Chicken thighs with chickpeas using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken thighs with chickpeas
- It’s 1 pound of bone-in skin-on chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground pepper.
- You need 1 can of chickpeas drained.
- It’s 0.5 of onions sliced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red wine vinegar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Don't automatically turn to chicken breasts over other parts of the bird. Chicken thighs are fantastically tasty too, and because they are richer and more robust, they can stand up to punchy flavours better. The chicken thighs stay moist and juicy when reheated, so it is a good candidate for making ahead. Blot any fat that rises to the surface with paper towels.
Chicken thighs with chickpeas instructions
- Onions + red wine vinegar + lemon juice. Let it rest..
- Chicken + 1 tablespoon salt + pepper..
- Heat oil in an oven safe skillet and add the chicken skin side down. Fry on medium flame for 10 mins. We are looking for crispy golden brown skin. Flip and let the other side fry for 5 minutes. Remove chicken from pan..
- Fry the onions in the same skillet and add the remaining salt. After 2 minutes add the chickpeas. Fry for 5 minutes..
- Add the chicken back to the pan. Layer everything in 1 layer. Bake in the oven at 425F for 15 minutes..
Poultry, Chicken, Chickpea, Fennel Seed, Lemon, Yogurt, Dinner, Lunch, Weekday, Main Course. Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Looking for an easy chicken dinner ideas? This Crispy Chicken Thighs with Smoky Chickpeas skillet recipe from CountryLiving.com is the best. Crispy Chicken Thighs with Smoky Chickpeas.