Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan). It's important to include legumes in your diet, like this amazing lentil salad. It's so delicious, you won't believe is so easy to make! A delicious, healthy, Greek-inspired lentil salad recipe, loaded up with spring veggies, lemon and fresh mint served over optional yogurt sauce.
Warm lentil salad is a protein-packed alternative side dish to starchy potatoes or rice. For a pretty presentation, pack the salad in small ramekins, then invert onto plates and garnish with a cucumber slice and a halved cherry tomato. This vegan sprouted lentil salad comes together quickly and is super flexible. You can have Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan)
- You need 1 cup of dry raw green lentils.
- Prepare 2 of medium sized tomatoes cubed.
- Prepare 4-5 of shallots chopped coarsely.
- It’s 1 of large cucumber diced.
- You need 1 of apple (I used red apples).
- It’s of Few sprigs of mint.
- You need 2 tbsps of finely chopped mint.
- It’s 2 of tsps freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need of Few walnuts (as per your liking).
- Prepare of Dry chia seeds for garnish.
- You need 2 of medium sized potatoes par boiled and unpeeled.
- You need 3 cups of stock (any flavor).
- Prepare 2 of tsps sweet paprika powder.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of Some olive oil.
- Prepare of Salt as per taste.
- It’s of For the sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsps of good quality Balsamic vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- You need 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
Use leftover grains – whatever you have will get the job done. My spring staples – cucumber, carrots, and radishes – were perfect. I added a bit of sweetness to this recipe with some dried bing cherries. This simple lentil salad is loaded with Greek flavors and health benefits.
Spring Lentil Salad (Vegan) instructions
- Preheat the oven to 250°C.
- While the oven is being preheated, add lentils and stock of your choice on a casserole and cook it for at least 13 mins. Depending on your lentils, you would have to keep a watch. The goal is to cook the lentils al dente. Some lentils like whole moong might take as long as 20 mins until al dente..
- Meanwhile, in an oven tray, place your unpeeled parboiled potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and paprika. Add roughly crushed garlic, a dash of olive oil and give it a nice mix with your hands. Put the potatoes in the oven and let them bake for at least 15 mins..
- While the potatoes are getting baked, you can work on the other ingredients. Take the cubed apples and sprinkle some lemon juice on them and keep them aside in the fridge for at least 5 mins..
- Once the lentils are cooked, strain out the water and leave them out to cool. Once they are nicely cooked down and dried up, throw in all the chopped vegetables and apples. Give it a nice gentle toss and keep your salad bowl in the fridge..
- Take out the potatoes from the oven. Squish them lightly so that they break a little. Throw in a dash of balsamic vinegar and put them back for another 15 mins. You want to cook them until they become crunchy and golden..
- For the sauce, mix all the ingredients together and voila!.
- Once your potatoes are baked. It's time to start plating! Toss your salad in a bowl, garnish with chia seeds and nuts. Add the baked potatoes and some mint leaves. Sprinkle some sauce and you won't regret it!.
It's very easy to make and leftovers pack well for lunch! Jump to Recipe. made this and was huge hit, used spring salad mix and added some cucumber. the tahini dressing was amazing. Lentil Walnut Vegan Taco Salad in a Crispy Tortilla BowlConnoisseurus Veg. A great vegan salad for a main, side, potluck or BBQ. Is it me or do lentils often get forgotten about?