Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters. See great recipes for Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters too! You might also like to try our recipe for country corn fritters. See great recipes for Sourdough starter & rice Asian style pancakes (in development) too!
Spelt is such an awesome ancient whole grain that is a great substitute for whole wheat. In my pantry, you'll always found stocks of ancient grains (spelt, kamut, millet), brown rice in various varieties, jars of dry beans in multiple color and shapes. Kimchi made with all kinds of seasonal veggies in my fridge and homemade stocks in my freezer all the time. You can have Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters
- Prepare 1 cup of discarded sourdough starter.
- You need 1/4 cup of Kamut flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 4 cup of shredded yellow squash.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of perilla leave pickle, optional.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of fish sauce.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
Great recipe for Sourdough Uyghur naan. I learnt this recipe from a documentary video talks about Uyghur naan. Although there are hundreds of naan styles, the most common ingredients for the dough could be as simple as white flour, water, salt and yeast. Typically cumin seeds, Onion and yogurt.
Yellow Squash Kamut sourdough fritters instructions
- Mix a cup of discarded sourdough starter with kamut and water. Set in a warm place to ferment for about 3~4 hours..
- Shred yellow squash or any variety of summer squash. Add two tsp salt to remove excess water and it also serves to flavor squash up. Set aside for 15 minutes..
- Squeeze out as much water as possible..
- Slide perilla leave pickle or use same amount of kimchi or even kraut..
- In a large bowl, mix together the batter and veggies. Season with powers..
- Fry them on a crepe maker or any flat pan you have on high heat with olive oil. Turn down the heat in a few seconds once all fritters are getting in. Cook both sides until golden. Serve immediately..
This recipe is in The sourdough cookbook, by Rita Davenport. In a large bowl, combine squash, onion, egg, salt and pepper. In a skillet, heat ½-inch oil over medium-high heat. Drop batter by tablespoonfuls into oil. Delicious yellow squash fritters make a great alternative to hash browns.