Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish. Fermented chili sauce or Hunan chili sauce is famous for two dishes, from Hunan cuisine. The first one steamed fish head with chili sauce (剁椒鱼头) For a larger fish, cut lines on thicker meat can guarantee more uniform heating. If you don't want a spicy version, check Cantonese steamed fish.
Traditionally, this is done with a whole fish, but this technique works well with fish filet as well. A wide variety of steamed fish soy A wide variety of steamed fish soy sauce options are available to you, such as black, brown, and red. You can also choose from brewed, blended, and raw. You can cook Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish
- It’s 1 kg of Cream Dory.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of sesame oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of ginger, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1/3 of bok choy, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cilantro, chopped.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need Pinch of Salt and black pepper.
Serve the sauce with lemon/lime wedges with the fish. Yeah, I just don't get the apprehension about the whole fish thing either. I grew up with Mom bringing a whole steamed fish to the diiner table. This recipe for Chinese ginger-soy steamed fish comes from cookbook author Farina Kingsley with permission of Aimee Bianca, YC Media.
Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish instructions
- Cut the fish fillet into serving portions and season them with salt and black pepper..
- Line a steamer with parchment paper and put the fillet in there..
- Add the bok choy on top of the fish..
- Cover and steam for 12 minutes or until the fish is done..
- Mix the water, chili powder, cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sugar on a small pan and bring it to boil..
- Arrange the fish and bok choy on serving plates and pour the chili sauce over the top. Ready to serve. Enjoy!.
Kingsley says steaming is a popular Cantonese culinary technique that produces delicious, healthy, and moist foods. It is an especially great way to cook fish. Easy, delicious and healthy Chili Soy Sauce Steamed Fish recipe from SparkRecipes. GCC: Fish in Caper Lemon Sauce — SweetBites. Saturday was a lazy day around these parts.