Potato salad. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course. Potato salad is widely believed to have originated in Germany, spreading widely throughout Europe and later to European colonies.
Potato salad is a classic American comfort food great for any occasion. Try your hand at one of these recipes for your next party, picnic or potluck! This Red Potato Salad recipe is the perfect potluck side, or lunch side for work or a picnic. You can have Potato salad using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Potato salad
- Prepare 5 pounds of potatoes.
- Prepare 2-3 of celery.
- Prepare 2-3 of green onions.
- It’s 6 of eggs.
- It’s 1 can of olives.
- Prepare of Mayo.
- You need of Mustard.
- Prepare of Garlic powder.
- Prepare 4-5 of Dill pickles.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Paprika.
What makes or breaks a potato salad is whether there's lots of flavor incorporated into the dish. Want to make potato salad just like your mom used to? Healthy Potato Salad with all traditional ingredients but not drowning in cups of mayo. Creamy, flavorful and a must at any summer gathering.
Potato salad instructions
- Peel and cut them into bite size and wash them. And put them in the water and cook them till fork tender.
- Also start the eggs as well.
- While everything is cooking start the chopping of the celery pickles olives and green onions. And put them in the refrigerator…
- Drain the potatoes and put them in the refrigerator. Same with eggs.
- Let everything cool off for about an hour or 2. And then put the potatoes in a large bowl and add salt and pepper and mix..
- Add the veggie to the bowl as well. And add done big spoon fills of mayo and mix. Keep adding more may till you like it..
- Add the eggs to it and add the garlic and paprika to the mix… I like a lot of garlic so I add a lot but you can make it however you like it…
- Add some mustard to the mix and stir it nice and good..
- Serve it cold and it super easy and yummy… I make my macaroni salad like this as well but dont put in the mustard..
Let me show you my healthified Ukrainian version of this North. Potato salad is notorious for giving hapless picnickers a bout of food poisoning! It's not actually the mayo that goes bad (mayonnaise is acidic enough to prevent bacteria from growing), but rather the. This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays. But Mama made it the way her mother did, and that's the way I still make it.