Traditional Greek Salad. A truly traditional Greek Salad with ripe tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, onions, and creamy feta cheese; plus tips and a step-by-step video. I'm sharing everything I learned from my visit to Greece! Greek salad (Horiatiki), is an iconic Mediterranean recipe that is dressed simply with a splash of Greek extra virgin olive oil and a little red wine vinegar (or lemon juice).
Known as horiatiki, this traditional Greek salad is made with cherry tomatoes, cucumber, kalamata olives, thinly sliced red onion, and feta. The easy dressing is a mixture of red wine vinegar. This traditional Greek Salad recipe is wonderfully uncomplicated, easy to make, and so refreshing. You can cook Traditional Greek Salad using 10 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Traditional Greek Salad
- You need 1/2 of cucumber, cubed (peeled and seeded).
- It’s 1 of med/lg tomato, cubed.
- It’s 1/4 of red onion, roughly chopped.
- You need 2 oz of Greek olives, sliced.
- It’s 1/8 cup of feta cheese, cubed (or crumbled).
- You need 1/8 cup of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tbs of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic (or minced).
- You need to taste of Salt & Pepper,.
Feel free to toss it everything together in a mixing bowl, or just serve the base ingredients with bottles of olive oil and red wine vinegar on the side for people to dress their individual portions. This Greek salad is a favorite of my father's to make during the summer. We usually have plenty of tomatoes and cucumbers growing in the garden, and all you have to do is toss in some red onions, olives, bell pepper, feta cheese, a few herbs, and some olive oil and vinegar and you have beautiful, cooling, fresh, Greek salad. Greek salad is one of the most famous salads out there.
Traditional Greek Salad instructions
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate for 30-45 mins before serving. ENJOY!.
Its classic ingredients are fresh tomato, cucumbers, capers, onion, feta cheese, olives, green bell pepper, and at least two or three spoonfuls of olive oil. Some people also like to add a drizzle of wine vinegar. Classic Greek vinaigrette is more than just a red wine vinaigrette with a little oregano for color. Nope, this classic gets its sass from the one-two punch of red wine vinegar and lemons. Partnered with garlic and some dried herbs from the pantry, this dressing will become the house salad dressing for your home.