Fava beans salad. You can prepare this flavorful fava bean salad made with tomatoes, onion, and cucumber tossed with fresh parsley, lemon juice and olive oil in minutes. Makes a great, simple, side dish for traditional Middle Eastern meals. Shell fresh fava beans (remove outer pods).
Let us look at an easy recipe for fava bean salad made using canned brown fava beans. Serve salad on top of extra romaine or butter lettuce leaves for an attractive presentation. Stir fava beans, butter beans, roasted red peppers, and mint into dressing; toss to coat beans completely. You can cook Fava beans salad using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fava beans salad
- Prepare 2 cans of fava beans.
- You need 1 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tahini.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of hot paprika.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cumin.
- It’s 4 of minced cloves garlic.
- You need 3 tablespoon of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- You need of Chopped green onion and pomegranate seed and dry mint optional.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of EVOO.
Drizzle remaining olive oil over the top and season salad with salt and black pepper. Use a slotted spoon to transfer to ice bath until cool. Add almonds, fava beans, cheese, and mint.. top with one quarter of the fava-bean salad. Season with salt, pepper, and more lemon juice, if desired.
Fava beans salad instructions
- Cook the bean with their water over medium heat.
- Mix yogurt tahini lemon garlic spices and mix (don’t use paprika in this step or the olive oil).
- Add the hot bean to the yogurt mix on top add the paprika parsley tomatoes olive oil enjoy serve with pita bread.
An unofficial mascot for springtime, fava beans are only available only from March through May. Embrace these nutty-flavored green beans with these fava bean recipes. Perfect for pasta, salad, soups, dips, and more, you'll find plenty of tasty recipes to add to your arsenal. Spiced Fava Bean Soup with Rice and Tomato Preparing this soup on the weekend means lunch is ready to grab and go on your way out the door Monday morning. Heat olive oil in a pan.