Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado). Gado-gado is my favorite Indonesian salad. This Sundanese dish is a national favorite, and it consists of lightly boiled and blanched vegetables, hard-boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, fried tofu and/or tempeh cubes, and lontong (steamed rice cakes) served with spicy peanut sauce. Gado-gado is an Indonesian traditional salad with peanut dressing.
Gado Gado literally means mix-mix so you get the idea, pretty much anything goes. The star of this dish however is the delicious peanut dressing. Many of the vegetables ingredients are either blanched or. You can cook Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) using 21 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado)
- You need of Vegetables (ex:carrot,lettuce,bean sprout,tomato,cucumber etc).
- Prepare of Boiled potato.
- Prepare of Rice cake (lontong).
- Prepare of Hard boiled egg.
- You need of Fried tofu.
- You need of Fried tempeh.
- It’s of Tapioca crackers (krupuk).
- You need of Peanut Sauce Dressing.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chili powder or paprika powder.
- You need 1-2 tsp of tamarind paste or to taste.
- It’s 100 gr of coconut sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbs of sugar.
- You need to taste of Ground white pepper.
- Prepare 150 gr of natural peanut butter (no salt/sugar added).
- It’s 500 ml of coconut milk.
- Prepare 100 ml of water.
- It’s of Note :.
- It’s of If you don't have peanut butter, use 200 gr ground fried peanut.
- Prepare of If you don't have coconut sugar, use granulated sugar.
I used my food processor to make the sauce which was very easy and turned out great. For those of you who are not familiar with some of the ingredients used in the sauce, I'm posting some photos of the key ingredients below. A popular street dish in Indonesia, gado gado ("mix-mix") is just the thing to shake up your weeknight routine. This Indonesian salad is true to its name, gado-gado, meaning "potpourri." Assorted vegetables, tofu, eggs, and shrimp chips are dressed in peanut sauce.
Indonesian Salad with Peanut Sauce Dressing (Gado-gado) instructions
- Cut/slice the vegetables as you like. Set aside..
- Cut the remaining ingredients (potato, rice cake, egg, tofu, tempe) as you like..
- How to make Peanut Sauce Dressing : fry the garlic clove until golden brown..
- Put fried garlic, chili powder, peanut butter, coconut milk and water in the blender. Blend all together until smooth..
- Pour it into a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat..
- Add coconut sugar, salt and sugar..
- Stir until it bubbles. Add tamarind paste..
- Keep stirring it until it boils hard and looks oily. If it hasn't looked oily, keep stirring it and lower the heat down. Make sure to taste it and add sugar/salt/tamarind if needed..
- When the peanut sauce is ready, cool it down..
- How to serve : Put veggies and everything else, except the crackers, onto a serving plate. Drizzle the peanut sauce as much as you like . Put the crackers on top. Enjoy. (The best way to eat it is to mix everything all together)..
Gado gado is een Indonesisch groenten gerecht. If a thinner sauce is desired, add a bit of chicken stock or water. Serve the peanut dressing over the vegetables. For an added touch, top Share this recipe. ×. Gado Gado Salad with Peanut Dressing.