Stetson chopped salad. Reviews for: Photos of Stetson Chopped Salad. This a signature salad recipe that comes from Cowboy Caio's Restaurant in Scottsdale, Arizona. It has some unusual ingredients, but it's wonderful!
Known as a cowboy's salad, it begins with a base of couscous and arugula topped with corn kernels, cherry tomatoes. Stetson Chopped Salad recipe: Chopped salad with arugula, cous cous, trail mix, dried corn, and marinated tomatoes. Add your favorite meat or fish. You can have Stetson chopped salad using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Stetson chopped salad
- Prepare 1 cup of Israeli couscous.
- You need 1 cup of diced tomato (I use a quality heirloom) make a day ahead of time because it will be marinated.
- You need 1/2 cup of freeze dried sweet corn (ordered on amazon).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of craisins.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pepitas (toasted pumpkins seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of freshly grated Asiago.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped arugula.
- Prepare 3-4 oz of quality chopped smoked salmon (substitute chicken if you do not like salmon).
- It’s of Basil buttermilk ranch (see my recipe) I make the dressing for this 2 days ahead of time.
- You need of Avocado diced.
- It’s 1/4 of Balsamic.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Dried basil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Evo.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
The Stetson Chopped Salad might be the most famous dish in Phoenix. Now that Cowboy Ciao has closed, here are five places you can still get one. Home recipes > Courses > salad > Cowboy Ciao Stetson Chopped Salad. Arrange salad ingredients in separate rows on a large platter.
Stetson chopped salad instructions
- The day before dice the tomatoes. Add the evo, balsamic, dried basil, salt and pepper and whisk well. Add the tomatoes and coat well then add to an air tonight container and store over night in the fridge. Do not drown the tomatoes but merely allow them to be coated well..
- Boil the couscous first. When couscous is done drain them of any excess water then rinse under cool water to remove some of the starch so they don’t stick together, set aside. Make sure you buy the pearls and not couscous mixed with rice, see picture below..
- Lay the arugula down first then divide the ingredients however you want between two bowls/plates of your choice and grate fresh Asiago on top followed by the dressing, mix well..
- I like to add the salad to a mixing bowl, add the dressing, grate the cheese, toss really well then add back to the plate or bowl and serve with garlic cheese bread..
To make the dressing, place all ingredients in a. This chopped salad recipe is packed with colorful vegetables and a variety of textures from whole grains, seeds and a creamy homemade dressing for a. Inspired by Cowboy Ciao, Scottsdale, Arizona. Drizzle over the salad before serving. This is a great salad for dinner parties.