Chicken salad. Find our best and tastiest chicken salad recipes, perfect for fancy brunch or for a simple and delicious sandwich. Chicken salad is any salad with chicken as a main ingredient. Other common ingredients may include mayonnaise, hard-boiled egg, celery, onion, pepper, pickles (or pickle relish) and a variety of mustards.
An easy Chicken Salad recipe from Food Network Kitchen starts with poaching your chicken breasts in an herb-infused broth to keep them extra moist. This chicken salad recipe is perfect with a fluffy jacket potato or some egg noodles and low-fat too. Use ready-roasted chicken to shred into your salad and pack up any leftovers for lunch the next day. You can have Chicken salad using 9 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken salad
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped or slivered nuts (I used almonds).
- Prepare 2 cups of roast chicken, shredded and skin removed.
- It’s 2 of celery ribs, finely chopped.
- Prepare 8 of cornichons, finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tsp of shallot, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white wine vinegar.
- You need 1 tbsp of creamed horseradish.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh tarragon, chopped.
Chicken salad can be made a million different ways, but this is my classic, the one I come back to again and Layer some chicken salad on crusty bread with tomato slices and greens, and you're set. Learn how to make chicken salad three different ways. Enjoy a Classic Chicken Salad, Italian Chicken Salad and Buffalo Chicken Salad. ✳︎Sign up to my FREE. This easy chicken salad recipe with grapes makes the best chicken salad sandwiches!
Chicken salad instructions
- Add the nuts to a small pan on medium-low heat. Let them warm through for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- Put all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Add several grinds of freshly cracked black pepper and a good pinch of salt. Stir to combine. Add additional salt and pepper to taste..
I've been making this healthy chicken salad recipe for years. It's great for make ahead lunches! Use leftover chicken to make delicious chicken salad recipes from My Food and Family! Some chicken salad recipes are served cold, some are served hot like chicken stir-fry—but all are tasty! Take your green salads to the main dish level by loading up a hearty bed of lettuce with chicken, fresh veggies, and flavorful cheeses.