Sharon's Potato Salad. Potato salad is a dish made from boiled potatoes and a variety of other ingredients. It is generally considered a side dish, as it usually accompanies the main course. Potato salad is widely believed to have originated in Germany, spreading widely throughout Europe and later to European colonies.
Want to make potato salad just like your mom used to? You can use any kind of potato, but red potatoes are traditional since they hold together well and look nice. Creamy, soulful Southern potato salad recipe. You can have Sharon's Potato Salad using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sharon's Potato Salad
- You need 3 lb of bag of small red potatoes.
- Prepare 7 of eggs.
- You need of Sweet relish.
- Prepare of Miracle whip.
- You need of Sandwich spread.
- Prepare of Mustard.
- It’s of Paprika (optional).
Made with simple ingredients with old-fashioned This potato salad recipe was the closest I could get to Mrs. Ingrid's secret recipe although I still feel a hint. Potato salad is mainly considered as a side dish because it usually accompanies different main dishes. But one can have it for their launch or dinner as it fills you up totally.
Sharon's Potato Salad step by step
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 4 sections. Rinse potatoes and put in a pot of water; boil until tender.
- Boil eggs to your liking (mine were hard boiled) place eggs in cold water and set aside.
- When potatoes are tender drain and place in bowl; set aside.
- Peel eggs. Dice 5 eggs and add them to the potatoes; set the other 2 to the side.
- Add a cup of relish, cup of miracle whip, cup of sandwich spread, and 2 tbsp of mustard.
- Continue adding above ingredients WHILE TASTING until you get to your desired flavor and consistency.
- Once it is perfect to you slice the remaining 2 eggs and place them on top of the potato salad. Sprinkle paprika on top.
- Place a lid over it and put in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Creamy Japanese potato salad with mashed potato, carrot, ham, cucumber, egg, and sweet corn. Japanese Potato Salad (ポテトサラダ) is a little different from typical versions of American potato. This old-fashioned potato salad recipe doesn't have many ingredients, so it isn't as colorful as many that you find nowadays. But Mama made it the way her mother did, and that's the way I still make it. Tossing potatoes with a little good vinegar while they are still warm infuses them with flavor.