German Potato Salad Batch 2. Add potatoes and bacon to the skillet; cook and stir gently over low heat until heated through.. My grandmother was from Germany and when I lived in Germany my German landlady told me that the recipe I use is exactly German potato salad. Pour bacon & grease over the potatoes.
This is a Classic German Potato Salad! Thick-sliced potatoes tossed with bacon, onions, herbs, and mustardy vinaigrette. Serve it hot, warm, or cool at your next backyard Some recipes for German potato salad use butter or oil, but I find that the bacon provides plenty of richness all on its own. You can have German Potato Salad Batch 2 using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of German Potato Salad Batch 2
- You need of For the boil.
- You need As needed of water to boil potatoes in.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 pound of new potatoes.
- Prepare of Bacon.
- It’s 4 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 1-1/2 tablespoon of ground Chicerones.
- You need 1 of small onion.
- It’s of Deglaze and Spices.
- It’s 1/4 cup of distilled white vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- You need To taste of ground white pepper.
In this German potato salad, the typical American mayo dressing is replaced with pickled onions and a tangy vinaigrette. How to make German potato salad. To begin, place the potatoes in a large saucepan and fill the pan with enough cold water One batch for me and one batch for the gathering. I'm not too big on the latter, but I have to hand it to the Germans with how they serve their potatoes, especially in potato salad.
German Potato Salad Batch 2 step by step
- Wash and cut the potatoes into 6-8 pieces each. Cover with water and add the teaspoon of salt. Boil till fork tender. Reserve some of the water..
- Fry the bacon till crispy. Remove from pan. Chop, and set aside..
- Dice the onion and sauté in the bacon drippings until translucent..
- Add the sugar, vinegar, potatoes and a bit of water, parsley, salt, and pepper. Add the Chicerones..
- Stir well till the Chicerones are incorporated in. Add the bacon coating all the bacon. Pour the dressing over the potatoes..
- Add a little potato water if too dry. Season with salt and pepper to taste if necessary. Serve I hope you enjoy!!.
I remember lots of potatoes garnished with parsley, usually tossed in a light vinegar dressing, sometimes onions, and always blessedly mayo-free. This Authentic German Potato Salad is made with creamy gold potatoes and a tangy oil and vinegar dressing. If you were to look up German Potato Salad you would get tons of different versions. Some are made hot with a bacon dressing, some are steeped in chicken or beef broth for flavor. German potato salad is sweet and sour, spicy, savory, rich, meaty, and warm all the way down.