Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Indian-Style Rice with Cashews, Raisins and Turmeric. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmolded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh cilantro and..on Yummly Cold Rice Salad, Cold Rice Salad, Cold Thai Rice Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce And Cashews.
An easy side dish to take to picnics, potlucks or just enjoy at home is this recipe for cold Thai rice salad. Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown Kofta-style kebabs with feta, harissa and onion, served with a wholesome basmati rice flavoured with Made from wild red Camargue rice, cashew nuts, lime juice, spring onions and coriander, this. You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped apple.
- You need 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- You need 1 tbs of butter.
- You need 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- It’s 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need of Yogurt (optional).
Wash and sort the lettuce and leave to drain. Lightly toast the cashews in a dry frying pan. Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with the rice salad. Served sprinkled with the cashews and the remaining parsley.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped pecans, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
With the classic combination of apples, celery and walnuts, this creamy side tastes like a jazzed up version of Waldorf salad. It complements most meat entrees or can be served on a bed of lettuce as a vegetarian dish.—Linda Bankauskas, Ann Arbor, Michigan. Recipe by Kumquat the Cats fr. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then combine with vegetables in a large bowl. Vegan Indian-Style Potato Salad with Turmeric and Green Peas.