Golden fried rice. Loaded with fresh veggies and scrambled tofu, Golden Fried Rice will fill you up and it makes for some of the best leftovers. The golden hue comes from turmeric! There are all kinds of fried rice in China.
The common myth for making fried rice is to use overnight / refrigerated rice. At least that was what my mother (sorry, mom) has taught me since young. I used roast pork (bought from the Chinese roast meat stall) as the main protein for the fried rice. You can have Golden fried rice using 5 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Golden fried rice
- It’s 200 grams of leftover rice(cooked).
- It’s 3 of egges.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoons of white pepper (optional).
- You need of Scallion.
Chinese Egg Fried Rice (蛋炒饭) is a featured Chinese dish popular in all over the country. Besides, green onion chops also add a green color to the white and golden color. And his golden fried rice is different from the ordinary fried rice. For the fried rice, the first step was to wash the rice and removed anything else that was with it or else it will affect the taste.
Golden fried rice step by step
- Mix the egg yolk with the rice. Note: You could also use warm rice, but it is easier to create loosen rice texture during the cooking process if you used cold rice..
- Put 20 grams of oil in the pan. Put the rice in when the oil is hot. Stir fry until the rice is loosened.
- Create a space in the middle to cook the egg white. Stir it until it’s 80% cooked. Mix the egg white with the rice.
- Add salt and pepper before adding scallion. Stir to mix everything thoroughly. Voilà ❤️.
Masterchef Golden Fried Rice is the Next Fried Rice! Often we only know the existence of the regular fried rice, where very few realize there is another version of fried rice known as golden fried. Egg Fried Rice is a homey dish in China. Every Chinese family makes their fried rice differently, so after following my recipe, you can experiment and add whatever you want to your version. Special Diet Notes: Golden Fried Rice.