Steak with Turmeric Rice and Chilli Chutney.
You can have Steak with Turmeric Rice and Chilli Chutney using 26 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steak with Turmeric Rice and Chilli Chutney
- Prepare 300 gr of beef scotch fillet.
- Prepare of ——.
- You need of Turmeric rice:.
- You need 1 cup of white rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1 stalk of lemongrass.
- Prepare 4 of kaffir lime leaves.
- You need 1 of thumb sized ginger.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- You need to taste of salt.
- You need of ——-.
- You need 1/2 of eggplant.
- It’s 6 of cherry tomatoes.
- It’s of fried shallots.
- You need 1 of kaffir lime leave.
- It’s of ——-.
- Prepare of Chilli chutney:.
- It’s 2 of capsicums.
- It’s 2 of chillies.
- Prepare 1 of shallot.
- It’s 6 of candlenuts.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of palmsugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s to taste of salt.
Steak with Turmeric Rice and Chilli Chutney step by step
- Heat up coconut milk with lemongrass,ginger,garlic,kaffir lime, turmeric ground, salt and 1 cup water. Simmer for 10 mins, then add the rice, mix well, let it boil and turn the heat down, cover with lid for 15mins.
- While waiting for the rice, fry diced eggplant with salt and tomato to mix with the rice later on.
- Blitz capsicum, chilli,shallot,candlenut together till rough texture,.
- Add 1/4 cup oil, cook garlic mince and chilli mixture then palm sugar, slowly stir until you see the oil dries up the chilli.
- Sear a nice cut of steak, season with salt and pepper, cook up to your liking.