Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice. Sardines with a crunchy nut and watercress stuffing make a simple yet healthily balanced meal when served with spicy new potatoes and a salad. Sardines are a good buy – inexpensive, quick to cook and high in beneficial fish oils and vitamins. For speed, buy ready cleaned and scaled sardines.
If you've been around for a while you may have noticed that my versions of traditional recipes, like this one for locrio de pica-pica (Dominican rice and spicy. The Grilled Sardines recipe out of our category saltwater Fish! Grilled sardines are simple and simply Thai. You can have Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice
- Prepare 8 sheets of banana leaves.
- It’s of For the rice:.
- Prepare 3 cups of rice.
- You need 45 ml of instant coconut milk + water (according to the measurement of your rice).
- Prepare 3 of Indonesian bay leaves.
- You need 2 stalks of lemongrass, pounded.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- It’s 1 can (425 gr) of canned sardines.
- You need 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 10 cloves of shallots, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced.
- You need 8 of green chili peppers, diagonally sliced.
- Prepare 5 of bird eye chili peppers, thinly sliced (optional).
- Prepare 100 gr of stinky beans, cut into 2 (optional).
- You need leaves of some Thai basil.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 3 tsp of sugar or to taste.
Dishes like curries and noodles are influenced by foreign cuisines; grilled fish is core and basic. We live along canals, rivers and oceans. Fish is caught and turned into meals for today or dried and preserved for days to come. Prepare a hot grill, making sure the grill is oiled.
Spicy Sardines Grilled Rice step by step
- Mix all rice ingredients. Use a rice cooker to cook it. When cooking button is up, open the rice cooker lid and stir the rice well. Place the lid back and let the rice stay in the rice cooker for a while until it’s completely cooked..
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and shallots until fragrant..
- Add green chili peppers and bird eye chili peppers. Mix well..
- Add sardines. Season with salt and sugar..
- Add stinky beans. Stir until the stinky beans half cooked. Remove from the heat. Set aside..
- Prepare 2 sheets banana leaves. Spread 1/8 part of rice out in an even layer on top of the banana leaves. Place 1/4 part of sardines mixture in the center of the rice. Add basil leaves to taste. Fold banana leaves over to encase tuna sauce completely in rice, and secure each end with a toothpick. Do the same thing with the rest of the rice..
- Heat the grill pan over medium high-heat. Place banana leaves wraps on the grill and grill until banana leaves browned and charred 10-15 minutes each side. Yum! .
Rinse the sardines, and dry with paper towels. Toss with the olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. When the grill is ready, toss the rosemary sprigs directly on the fire. Wait for the flames to die down, then place the sardines directly over the heat, in. Prepare this tasty Sardines Fried Rice using convenient canned sardines and frozen mixed vegetables.