French cut grilled lemon pepper drums with wild rice and asparagus. I make asparagus on the grill often but I've never cooked it directly on the grate. There's no better vegetable for cooking on the grill than these tender spears, seasoned with lemon pepper, olive oil, and a surprising pinch of marjoram. To grill the asparagus spears, toss them with about a tablespoon of oil, mixing with your hands until spears are coated.
Serve the asparagus hot or at room temperature with grilled fish. My quick rice dish gets a zippy twist from lemon-pepper seasoning. It complements chicken and many other types of Mexican dishes quite nicely.—Patty Burk, Nanaimo, British Columbia. You can have French cut grilled lemon pepper drums with wild rice and asparagus using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of French cut grilled lemon pepper drums with wild rice and asparagus
- You need 7-8 of drums.
- It’s 3 of lemons.
- You need of Asparagus.
- Prepare of Lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare Box of wild rice(your choice) I use chicken broth instead of water.
- Prepare 1 can of chicken broth.
- Prepare of Lemon thyme butter basting sauce:.
- You need 1 stick of butter softened.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- You need 2 of large pressed garlic cloves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground kosher salt.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
Lemon-Pepper Rice Recipe photo by Taste of Home. lemon zest + cracked pepper + olive oil + salt + garlic = fresh lemon pepper. The proportions of the ingredients are flexible; I provided measurements in the recipe below but if you just estimate, you really can't go wrong. I used flounder and asparagus, but you can use any fish or vegetable you want here. You will love this Lemon Pepper Asparagus recipe!
French cut grilled lemon pepper drums with wild rice and asparagus instructions
- Start by French cutting the chicken. Start by cutting around the base and start to pull all the small tendons out using pliars but leaving the largest tendon intact. Small tendons have very little meat attached but the largest one has a big chunk so you want to leave it in, it will melt as it gets cooked..
- Now take your pliers and pull the end piece off the base and then push the meat down.
- Pull the skin back and season with lemon pepper seasoning then pull the skin back over and season the outside and place in a bag and marinate overnight..
- Grill over medium heat turning often and basting with the butter sauce. Cut the lemons in half and grill them once the chicken is almost done. Either grill or cook the asparagus in the oven..
It's a quick and delicious way to prepare one of your favorite vegetables. This easy lemon pepper recipe is definitely one of my favorites. You can prepare the asparagus a number of ways — roasted, boiled, steamed, or sauteed. Remove grilled shrimp and asparagus from heat, garnish with parsley, lemon slices, and. Asparagus Fettuccine with Lemon and Pepper.