Rabbit and Rice Stew. Rabbit is considered a healthier meat because is almost cholesterol-free and lower in sodium than most meats, but, unlike the animals who yield other This rustic rabbit stew is prepared in the style of that famous French classic, coq au vin. The braised vegetables become incredibly rich during the cooking. Heat half of the duck fat in a flameproof casserole dish.
I have made this rabbit stew many times, and I always seem to like it better with the skinny cottontails here in California, although it is very good with domestic rabbits, too. Stir the flour mixture into the pot as a thickener. Rabbit "Two Ways" – Stewed Legs and Seared Loins. You can cook Rabbit and Rice Stew using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rabbit and Rice Stew
- Prepare 1 of whole rabbit, skinned and dressed.
- You need 1 bag of baby carrots.
- You need 1-2 of Celery stalks, chopped.
- You need 1 of Yellow Onion, sliced.
- Prepare 1-2 of Potatoes, cubed.
- You need 1/2 Bag of frozen chopped broccoli.
- Prepare 1 quart of Chicken Broth.
- It’s 1 of Sm. Can Cream Chicken Soup.
- Prepare 2 of Tbsps. Seasoning Salt.
- It’s 1 Tbsp. of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 Tbsp. of Each Onion and Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 2 Cups of White Long Grain Rice.
- It’s 5 Cups of Water.
The rice really builds this stew into a complete meal in a cup or bowl. This filling stew doesn't need a lot with it. This is an easy meal for dinner. It's perfect for intense work days.
Rabbit and Rice Stew step by step
- In a large slow cooker add the rabbit and rest of ingredients except for the rice and 4 cups of water. Turn Slow Cooker on high and cook for 6-8 hours or til vegetables are tender and rabbit falls off bone. When done go through and try to remove all the bones and shred meat. Turn Slow Cooker down to keep warm setting..
- In a large saucepan add 4 cups water and 2 cups rice. Bring to boil on high stirring ever so often. Once to a boil turn down heat and let simmer til rice is soft. Turn heat off and let sit covered til ready to serve..
- In a serving bowl add some rice and ladle some rabbit stew over the rice serve with buttered crusty bread. Serve and enjoy .
This stew thickens up and makes really good leftovers. A stew is a combination of solid food ingredients that have been cooked in liquid and served in the resultant gravy. Ingredients in a stew can include any combination of vegetables. Popular rabbit rice of Good Quality and at Affordable Prices You can Buy on AliExpress. We believe in helping you find the product that is right for you.