Rice Cake (Lontong) with Rice Cooker.
You can have Rice Cake (Lontong) with Rice Cooker using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rice Cake (Lontong) with Rice Cooker
- You need 100 gr of cooked rice (leftover cooked rice).
- Prepare of Water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
Rice Cake (Lontong) with Rice Cooker instructions
- Put the cooked rice evenly into the rice cooker. Pour the water so that it covers the surface of the rice (the surface of the rice and water is the same height). Add salt. Stir well..
- Press the "cook" button. Wait until the button is in the "warm" setting. Meanwhile, prepare a container that has a lid (I use tupperware). Line with cling wrap..
- After the button is in the "warm" position, take the rice container out of the rice cooker..
- Press the rice with a rice paddle or a pestle until smooth..
- Transfer the rice to the lined container and use the rice paddle to spread, press and REALLY push the rice to pack them down..
- Let it cool down at room temperature or let them cool down a bit and then put the lid on and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting..