Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Indian-Style Rice with Cashews, Raisins and Turmeric. If desired, for presentation purposes, the rice can pressed into a lightly-oiled bowl, inverted and unmolded on to a decorative serving plate, and then garnished with fresh cilantro and..on Yummly Cold Rice Salad, Cold Rice Salad, Cold Thai Rice Salad With Spicy Peanut Sauce And Cashews.
Vegan Indian-Style Potato Salad with Turmeric and Green Peas. Try this refreshingly different Indian-style Potato Salad with Turmeric and Green Peas, for a vibrant take on an old favorite. Add salt to taste and toss everything together. You can cook Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- You need 1 cup of chopped apple.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- Prepare 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- You need of Yogurt (optional).
Wash and sort the lettuce and leave to drain. Lightly toast the cashews in a dry frying pan. Line a bowl with lettuce leaves and fill with the rice salad. Served sprinkled with the cashews and the remaining parsley.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style instructions
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped pecans, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then combine with vegetables in a large bowl. Recipe by Kumquat the Cats fr. Drain, rinse in cold water, drain again, then combine with vegetables in a large bowl. Rustle up a rice salad as a main or side dish. From rice tabbouleh to warm salads, using brown Kofta-style kebabs with feta, harissa and onion, served with a wholesome basmati rice flavoured with Made from wild red Camargue rice, cashew nuts, lime juice, spring onions and coriander, this.