Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats. Rice Krispies treats are taken to a whole new level thanks to browned butter and a splash of bourbon for good measure in this recipe. Traditional Rice Krispies Treats are taken to a whole new level thanks to a few clever tricks. Last year's Peanut Butter Crispy Bars were delicious, but had structural issues that irked me.
In a large pot, melt butter over medium-low heat. It will melt, then foam, then turn clear golden and finally start to turn brown and smell nutty. The universe was telling me to make rice crispy treats (because the universe has nothing better to do). You can cook Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats
- Prepare 6 tbs of butter.
- It’s 2 tbs of bourdon.
- Prepare 10 oz of miniature mash mallows.
- You need 6 cups of crispy rice cereal.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s Pinch of salt to dust top.
And I'm glad I did because these are my new favorite Once melted, the butter will begin to foam and sizzle. Continue to cook until the sizzling subsides and the butter is brown in color and smells nutty. Recipe: salted brown butter crispy treats, from Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen. Almond Butter Brown Rice Crispies are a delicious & healthy vegan & gluten free take on the classic rice crispy!
Brown Butter Bourbon Rice Crispy Treats instructions
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat,until golden brown and has a nutty aroma,about 5 minutes.add marshmallows to browned butter,reduce heat to medium-low,and cook, stirring occasionally until marshmallows are melted, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir bourbon and 1 teaspoon sea salt into marshmallow mixture and remove sauce pan from heat add rice cereal to marshmallow mixture and mix until cereal is evenly coated with marshmallow mixture transfer to a 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper over rice cereal mixture and press into dish remove parchment paper and sprinkle flakes of sea salt over the top cool treats to room temperature at least 30 minutes.
Great for dessert or after school snack. My sister and I used to love rice crispy treats as kids. Since I rarely eat marshmallows these days, I've been loving this slightly healthier alternative. How to make Healthy Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treats. Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping Brown rice syrup.