Spanish Rice. My mother's signature Spanish rice recipe, a delicious accompaniment to steak, chicken, and Mexican entrees such as tacos or enchiladas. How To Make Homemade Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice. Whatever You Call It, We've Got The Best And Easiest Spanish Rice Recipe You Can Find.
This is the best Spanish rice recipe on this site! I don't understand why people don't follow the direction to. How to Make Spanish Rice and Beans Video. You can have Spanish Rice using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spanish Rice
- It’s 2 Cups of uncooked white rice.
- You need 2 Cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 2-14.5 oz. of cans stewed or diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of hint of garlic.
And the best part about beans and rice? When you put them together they become a complete protein, meaning together they contain all the essential amino. Spanish rice, also known as Mexican rice, red rice, or arroz rojo, is a Mexican side dish or an ingredient in other dishes made from white rice, tomatoes, garlic, onions, etc. Spanish Rice/Mexican Rice add-ins: Tomato: Fresh diced tomatoes or even canned diced tomatoes are a great addition to the recipe and add lots of flavor.
Spanish Rice instructions
- Place oil in pan and heat. I use an 8 qt. kettle or 3 qt. skillet. (You will need a lid).
- Brown rice well in pan while stirring. After the rice has browned, stir in your diced onion and garlic. Saute for a minute..
- Add 1 can of tomatoes and all of chicken broth to rice. Stir. Cover. Let simmer for 20 minutes..
- Uncover and stir in 2nd can of tomatoes while rice is still hot..
- Season to your liking with salt and pepper. Rice should be firm, but not dry..
Salsa: Salsa adds a ton of flavor. You'll find my easy Spanish rice is better than any found in grocery stores. Best of all, it can be prepared in the same amount of time as those so-called "quick and easy" boxes. Spanish Rice from Delish.com is a perfect side for dinner. Stir in chicken broth, tomato puree, lemon juice, chili powder, garlic powder.