Vegitarian Japanese Curry Bowl with Rice . Japanese curry rice is very easy to make and a very popular dish in Japan. Unlike other curries, Japanese people don't mix up all sorts of different spices, but use store bought curry roux. Because they are so popular, there are many different varieties of curry roux available in Japan.
This Japanese beef curry dish takes a bit of preparation but the end result is super delicious! A classic, but simple take on curry rice that is famous in Japan and is enjoyed world-wide. I got this recipe from one of my Japanese friends when we were little. You can cook Vegitarian Japanese Curry Bowl with Rice using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegitarian Japanese Curry Bowl with Rice
- You need 3 cups of white or brown rice.
- You need 1 of S & B Golden Curry Sauce.
- You need 2 of Carrots peels and chopped.
- Prepare 1 of Zucchini sliced.
- It’s 3 of Potatos peeled and cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 of Celery Chopped.
- It’s 1-2 Cup of Cauliflower.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion chopped into medium sized chunks.
- Prepare 5-6 Cups of water.
- It’s 1/4-1/2 cup of water for desired sauce thickness (optional).
This tasty Japanese curry rice dish is a favourite among the locals in Japan. Consisting of fresh apples, store-bought roux and other Japanese curry is made out of a special roux which comprises of curry powder, flour, oil and other aromatics. It is then served with either udon (Japanese wheat. Japanese curry (カレー, karē) is commonly served in three main forms: curry rice (カレーライス, karē raisu, curry over rice), curry udon (curry over noodles), and curry bread (a curry-filled pastry).
Vegitarian Japanese Curry Bowl with Rice instructions
- Boil 5-6 cups water. Once water is at a rapid boil add in chopped vegtables: carrots, zucchini, Potatos, cauliflower, onion..
- Reduce to medium heat and let simmer until potato's are cooked through..
- Once potato's are fully cooked add in Japanese Curry seasoning packet. Let sauce thicken (about 5min) If sauce is to thick for personal preference. Add 1/4th-1/2 cup of water to dilute sauce further..
- Cook white or brown rice in rice cooker or on stove top. Serve curry over rice. Enjoy!.
Katsu curry is a variation of Japanese curry with a chicken cutlet on top. Adding chicken cutlet brings the Japanese curry up to the next level. A typical Japanese meal consists of a main dish, a couple of side dishes, a soup and rice. I try to come up with a combination of dishes with a variety of flavours. Japanese curry, called curry rice (or kareh raisu) since it's always served with rice, is not much like the curries from India, Thai or other places with better known curries around the world.