Peas, mushrooms and pasta. This simple vegetarian pasta combines the flavors of spring—mushrooms, peas and asparagus—in a luscious creamy sauce. Add the pasta to the skillet along with the asparagus, peas and grated cheese and toss well. Add the reserved pasta water and simmer, tossing, until the pasta is.
This recipe, obviously, starts with the mushrooms. I used sliced cremini mushrooms, but by all means, mix in. Return the mushroom pan to medium-high heat. You can cook Peas, mushrooms and pasta using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Peas, mushrooms and pasta
- You need 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 of small onion, diced.
- You need 6 of garlic cloves, sliced.
- Prepare 8 oz of package mushrooms, sliced.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of bag frozen peas.
- You need 1 lb. of Whole grain pasta.
- It’s 2 cups of pasta water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of Locatelli Romano cheese.
Pour in the broth and scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to stir any browned bits Stir in the peas and maintain a gentle simmer. When the pasta is just tender (consult the package for approximate timing), drain it and put it back in its pot. I mean, it's just pasta with peas and mushrooms. But it uses a searing technique to bring out flavor in the mushrooms and pairs that with a gentle warming-through in garlicky butter to keep the peas light and sweet, a complementary range of flavors and depths.
Peas, mushrooms and pasta instructions
- Cook pasta according to box.
- In a saute pan add olive oil, crushed red pepper flakes and onions, saute a couple minutes and add 1/2 of the garlic, cook for 5 minutes on medium low heat. Add mushrooms and salt and pepper to taste, saute til mushrooms are cooked. Add peas and cook 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally..
- When pasta is done add 2 cups of the pasta water to the saute pan stir to incorporate the water. Add garlic, butter then pasta and cheese, stir and Enjoy.
Peas combine deliciously with wild mushrooms, such as chanterelles, but they are hard to come by this early in the season. You can still get the depth of flavor from more available creminis. Reviews for: Photos of Pasta with Creamy Mushroom-Pea Sauce. Author Jenn Laughlin – Peas and Crayons. If you get a chance to try this tasty Shrimp Pesto Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms, let me know!