Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach. Butternut squash makes the creamiest sauce, which makes it a healthy, lighter alternative to cream sauces made with heavy cream and butter. Add baby spinach and stir in parmesan cheese and sage. Toss in cooked pasta and sausage and mix until well coated.
That and of course it makes sausage fiend OH super happy. Baby spinach is an easy green addition to this dish but you can also add in wilted swiss chard. Butternut squash, sweet Italian sausage, sage and pasta go together like, well like butternut squash and sage. You can have Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach
- It’s Half of pound Italian sausage.
- It’s of Crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need Half of pound pasta.
- It’s of Trader Joe’s Autumnal Harvest pasta sauce.
- It’s of Parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 handful of Baby spinach.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves; minced.
Everything is cooked in the same pan When we heat the butter and it starts to brown (caramelize), it adds a ton of flavor. We're really "pan roasting" the butternut squash for this dish. Pasta in a decadent creamy, homemade, butternut squash pasta sauce, with no cream! The spicy chicken sausage and sage is the perfect compliment, this pasta.
Pasta w butternut squash sauce, sausage and spinach step by step
- Start a pot of boiling water. Cook your pasta according to directions on the box. I used fusilli so it can pick up that amazing sauce!.
- In a separate pan, cook the sausage, red pepper flakes, and garlic on med high heat until no longer pink. No oil needed. I started with half a tsp of red pepper flakes..
- Don’t forget your pasta!!!!! Keep some pasta water on the side. Leave the pasta in a strainer..
- Add in the pasta sauce to the pan w sausage. Simmer until bubbly..
- Then the spinach..
- Arrange your bowl! Pasta, sauce, top w shredded Parmesan and pepper if ya like! (I love freshly cracked black pepper) Enjoy!.
This creamy, divine butternut squash, sausage and penne pasta is made start to finish in ONE skillet. This recipe is so easy and completely delicious. Add in lean chicken sausage, spinach and a smattering of other ingredients and this is quite possibly the only thing I want to eat all weekend. Pasta served with a homemade butternut squash pasta sauce of roasted butternut squash, shallots, cream, and Parmesan cheese. We often find butternut squash inside of ravioli, so why not on the outside for a butternut squash pasta dish?