One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta. Once pasta is al dente, add in spinach, salt, pepper, seasoning, and cheese, and mix until spinach is wilted and everything is coated in the sauce. Let me introduce the easiest dinner there ever was: Creamy Spinach Pasta made in ONE POT! Technically, I used a pan, not a pot…but that's not as catchy.
This speedy recipe is also endlessly adaptable, and lends itself to plenty of easy ingredient swaps (make sure to check out. Creamy Asparagus Pasta Recipe – A creamy, yet healthy veggie loaded protein-packed pasta with asparagus and peas, all tossed in a lightened-up cream Goodbye guilt, hello healthy pasta dinner!! A healthy bowl of pasta is what health-conscious people's dreams are made of. You can cook One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta
- Prepare 1/2 of large onion, chopped.
- You need 8 of asparagus leaves, chopped.
- You need of garlic salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of olive oil.
- It’s of ~ 1 1/2 cup organic chicken stock.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of reduced 1% milk.
- It’s 1 handful of spinach leaves.
- Prepare of ~2 cups Italian dry garofalo pasta (or any other variety).
- It’s 1-2 tsp of cornstarch (depending how thick you want your sauce to be).
- Prepare of optional: sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of optional: some cubed smoked ham or cooked sausage chunks.
- Prepare of optional: some diced bell pepper for more sweet tanginess to cut the richness, add in with the onions.
Am I right, or am I. A recipe for quick and easy creamy orzo pasta made with spinach and Parmesan cheese. It's a perfect vegetarian dinner or simple side side. Turn that orzo into a one-pot meal, where the liquid it's cooked in becomes a ridiculously creamy sauce before baby spinach and Parmesan are stirred in.
One-Pot Healthy Creamy Spinach Asparagus Pasta step by step
- Heat up the oil in a small heavy-bottomed saucepan with the diced onions and asparagus.
- Toss in some garlic salt and sautee for around 3-5 minutes..
- Then add in the chicken stock and milk, it should be around 1.5 inches from the rim (so that it doesn't boil over)..
- Add in the dry pasta.
- Continue to cook on medium heat until the mixtures starts to boil..
- Then, boil the mixture for around 10 minutes stirring every once in a while with a rubber spatula until the pasta is soft and al dente. (If you want to add ham or cooked meatballs or sausages, now is the time to do it).
- Add in the spinach and stir.
- Dissolve corn starch in around 1 tablespoon of water and add to the sauce/pasta..
- Stir until the sauce thickens a little (sauce will continue to thicken as it cools!) and remove from heat..
- Serve plain or sprinkle with some parmesan cheese (optional).
- If not salty enough, sprinkle some more garlic salt until desired taste..
As easy to make as it is delicious, this seemingly indulgent but surprisingly healthy one-pot creamy chicken pasta will no doubt become a family favorite! But I had carrots and asparagus. Keyword one pot creamy pasta, vegan creamy garlic pasta, vegan fettuccine alfredo. I add more garlic, loads of black pepper and nutritional yeast. Occasionally adding asparagus, peas, broccoli etc. thank you .