You can have Pasta Fagioli using 25 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pasta Fagioli
- It’s 16 oz of chicken stock.
- Prepare 16 oz of beef broth.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of hot Italian sausage.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 cup of ditalini pasta.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of fine diced yellow onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced celery.
- You need 1 cup of diced carrots.
- It’s 4 of large garlic cloves minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of fresh minced basil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh minced flat leaf parsley.
- Prepare 15 oz of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 15 oz of can red kidney beans.
- It’s 15 oz of can great northern beans.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 4 of rosemary sprigs.
- You need 3 of bay leafs.
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Fresh Parmesan.
- It’s of Evo.
- You need 6 oz of tomato paste.
- It’s 8 oz of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of white sugar.
Pasta Fagioli step by step
- Cook the ground beef and sausage and set aside.
- Add evo and sauté the carrots celery and onion for about 10 minutes and add the garlic and sauté for another 5.
- Add all fresh and dried seasonings and mix well with the veggies and let cook about 5 minutes. Add the meat and mix well and let come together for a few minutes. Add the broth and stock, diced tomatoes and sauce, sugar, water and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil then cover and simmer on medium for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes check if it needs salt and pepper and add the tomato paste and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add beans and pasta and cook for another 20 minutes covered.
- Serve with fresh parmesan and crusty bread.