Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce.
You can have Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
- You need 2 of Butternut Squash.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Water.
- You need 12 oz of box Gluten Free Penne pasta.
- Prepare of Butter.
- You need of Chicken broth.
- Prepare Half of and half.
- It’s 1/4 of onion minced.
- Prepare 2 of large cloves garlic minced.
- You need of Sun dried tomatoes cut up (as many as you like).
- You need of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Cavender's Greek Seasoning.
- It’s of Pasta water.
Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce instructions
- Heat oven to 400 degrees and cut both squash in half then scoop out the seeds.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash face down on baking tray with about a half a cup of water.
- Roast for 50-60 minutes.
- Take out oven and cool for 10 minutes then turn over and scoop out roasted squash and place into a pot on the stove with some butter.
- Meanwhile boil your pasta in another pot (save one cup of the pasta water) and saute the onion and garlic and cut up your sun dried tomatoes.
- Mash squash with a potato masher and turn the heat to LO on the stove top.
- Add chicken broth, half and half, sun dried tomatoes, onion, garlic and Cavender's and continue to stir until desired creaminess.
- When pasta is done, drain and add to the squash mixture. Add some pasta water to make it stick to the penne.Turn off heat and place top on the pot to let the pasta absorb the sauce !! Serve immediately and ENJOY!!.