You can have Southwest Pasta using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Southwest Pasta
- It’s 8 oz of linguini, or pasta of your choice.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- It’s 15 oz of canned black beans, drained & rinsed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 15 oz of canned diced tomatoes, undrained.
- You need 1/2 cup of picante sauce.
- You need 1/4 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of chili powder.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 4 oz of shredded Colby Jack cheese blend.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro.
Southwest Pasta step by step
- Cool pasta according to package directions. Drain..
- Heat vegetable oil in large skillet over medium high heat until hot. Add garlic. Saute for a few seconds. Add undrained tomatoes, picante sauce, black beans, chili powder, cumin & oregano and mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low & cover..
- Simmer sauce, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Remove cover. Increase heat to medium high. Cook, stirring frequently until reach desired consistently, about 5 minutes..
- Add pasta to sauce. Toss. Serve with cheese & cilantro sprinkled on top..