Pasta with Tuna. This canned tuna pasta recipe is quick, healthy, and comforting. This tuna garlic pasta recipe takes me back to my childhood. This pasta recipe by Gennaro really is the definition of quick Italian cooking.
It's easy and quick and uses pantry items. The sauce is made with canned tuna fish, tomatoes, onions, olive oil, and oregano/basil. Stir in the minced tuna and then the olives. You can cook Pasta with Tuna using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pasta with Tuna
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of small chopped onion.
- It’s 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped baby carrots.
- You need 1/2-3/4 cup of chopped celery.
- You need 1-2 of jalapeno peppers seeded and sliced (optional).
- You need 1-6 ounce of can tuna.
- Prepare 1-28 ounce of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 can of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- It’s of Pasta of choice.
- Prepare of Parmesan cheese (optional).
- You need of Crushed red peppers (optional).
Season with salt and remove from the heat while you Cook the pasta in rapidly boiling water. When the pasta is a few minutes away from being finished. Creamy Tuna Pasta with Peas and ParmesanBudget Bytes. Pasta with Tuna in Creamy Tomato SauceManila Spoon.
Pasta with Tuna instructions
- Saute olive oil, onion, carrots, celery and jalapeno peppers slowly in a large covered saute pan..
- When vegetables are crisp tender, add tuna to pan and saute a bit longer..
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, salt, oregano and basil to pan and simmer (covered) for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Serve over top of your favourite pasta (I normally use spagetti or penne) and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and/or crushed red peppers if desired..
Creamy Tuna Pasta Bake, Salmon Pasta Bake, Tuna Bake, Baked Pasta Recipes, Risotto Recipes This tuna pasta recipe is so easy, made with spring onions, sweetcorn and mayonnaise, it serves four. The Pasta with Tuna recipe out of our category saltwater Fish! This Pesto Pasta with Tuna is so simple yet so tasty! It is one great way to use canned tuna and I've been making this simple pesto pasta with tuna for my family for ages and they seem to never get. In a large pasta bowl, break up the tuna.