Vietnamese Braised Fish Cooked in a Clay Pot.
You can have Vietnamese Braised Fish Cooked in a Clay Pot using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vietnamese Braised Fish Cooked in a Clay Pot
- It’s 4 of snakehead fish steaks.
- You need 1 of package of hot pot seasoning.
- You need 200 g of pork belly.
- Prepare 1 of fresh ginger root.
- Prepare 1 of fresh galangal root.
- It’s 5 of purple onions.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 1 piece of lemon grass.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 3 of dried bird's eye chili's (red hot chilis).
- It’s 3 of stalks green onions.
Vietnamese Braised Fish Cooked in a Clay Pot instructions
- Clean and fillet the fish..
- Season the fish with 1 package of Fish Hot Pot Seasoning and add some black pepper. Marinate about 15-20 minutes..
- Scrub the ginger and galangal, peel purple onions and garlic, then wash them all..
- Wipe some seasoning on the fish, set aside, then fry fish in hot oil..
- Flip the fillets of fish over and continue frying until golden brown. Drop in the purple onions, garlic to be fried with the fish..
- Rinse the pork belly, cut into thick square pieces..
- Arrange the cut pieces of pork evenly into a pot..
- Add ginger, sliced lemongrass, fried purple onions and garlic, a handful of bird’s eye chillies to fill up the bottom of the pot..
- Layer fish on top, cover it completely in water..
- Bring the water to a boil and cook until most liquid has evaporated. Turn off the heat..
- Add the spring onion, cover with a lid for 5 minutes before eating..