Goan fish curry. India has lots of coastline, so it's no surprise that fish and seafood are common ingredients in Indian curries. Goa, the smallest state in India, located on the western coast. My Goan fish curry dish is a packed full of flavour yet quick and simple to make.
Learn how to make Goan Fish Curry recipe at home from The Bombay Chef Varun Inamdar on Get Curried. Goan Fish Curry is an authentic curry recipe prepared. A quick and easy Goan Fish & Spinach Curry, Coriander Rice recipe, from our authentic Indian cuisine collection. You can cook Goan fish curry using 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Goan fish curry
- It’s 4 of cardamom pods,seeds only.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger,chopped.
- Prepare 2 of mild red chilies.
- Prepare 1 tsp of each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 580 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 680 g of firm – fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 – inch pieces.
- It’s 1 of small potato,peeled and diced quite small.
- You need 12 of large prawns, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes,chopped to serve.
Find brilliant recipe ideas and cooking tips at Gousto. This Goan Fish Curry recipe is a staple food usually eaten with rice and naan like traditional Indian food. Goan fish curry recipe made with golden anchovies , recipe comes from mothers treasure-bank! This is a traditional goan curry made with fish called mandeli.
Goan fish curry instructions
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,.
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes..
Mandeli are nothing but golden colored. This fish curry recipe has gotten me a little further along on that path. It's a from-scratch Indian You'll see wine and lots of vinegar in their cooking, as well as a lot of seafood. I also make a Goan crab. Recipe for Goan Fish Curry made with home made goan fish curry paste and spices.