Fish Gravy. The Best Fish Gravy Recipes on Yummly How To Make Meen Kuzhambu / Spicy Fish Gravy, Fish Sukka Jamaican Fish Sauce Recipes. Malawian Chambo (Fried Fish in Gravy)International Cuisine.
Tangy, spicy fish curry goes well with fluffy white rice. Fish Curry Video on how make fish Gravy in delicious and yummy way just as you have at restaurants. Fish gravy is a sauce for fish. You can cook Fish Gravy using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish Gravy
- You need 1 lb of salmon or any fish.
- It’s of To sauté and grind.
- It’s 2 of onion.
- Prepare 1 of tomato.
- It’s 4 of garlic pods.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- It’s 1/4 cup of coconut.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- You need of For the gravy.
- Prepare 3 of onion finely chopped.
- It’s 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 5 tsp of homemade kulambu milagai thool (or replace with 2 tsp chilly powder and 2 tsp coriander powder).
- It’s of Tamarind water(water extracted from 1 Big lemon size tamarind).
- You need of Salt as required.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of To garnish.
- Prepare 4 of stem coriander leaves.
It is often flavored with onions and spices and can be tomato-based Fish gravy is popular in many African countries such as Liberia, where it is made with tomatoes, hot. Easy Fish Gravy Recipe is a dish that would linger on your tongue long after you have finished it. The aroma, the taste, the flavor is so delightful. If you have enjoyed my previously shared south indian fish.
Fish Gravy step by step
- Wash and keep the fish aside.
- Heat a pan with oil. Add in onion and garlic. sauté well. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Switch off the flame and add fennel seeds and coconut. Cool it and grind it into smooth paste.
- Heat a pan with oil. Sauté onion until oil separates. Add in tomato and sauté until it turns mushy and soft. Add in salt and spice powder. Mix well. Add ground paste and tamarind water. Bring it to boil. Let it boil until raw smell goes away or until gravy gets little thicken. Add in fish pieces and cook it for 5-10 mins. (When you start seeing the bubbles switch off the flame.).
- Serve with rice, idli or dosa..
Soak cod fish in water overnight. Rinse and cover with water and boil until it flakes with a fork. After the cod fish was cooked where did you put it? If it was added to the milk gravy you didn't say so. Fish Makhani is creamy, tangy and very yummy!