Sweet and Sour fish. Sweet and Sour Fish is a very popular dish in China, and it's almost always served as a whole fish. The dish tends to be quite expensive, as it's usually straight out of a live fish tank and served with a pretty fancy presentation. While I'm working on the recipe for the banquet-style whole sweet and.
Most of my friends do not cook as they find that cooking is a chore rather than an activity they'd enjoy. This Chinese sweet and sour fish recipe uses fish fillets to create a stunning presentation while keeping the cooking process as easy as possible. The fish is shallow-fried until super crispy and then drizzled with a rich and aromatic sauce that is loaded with colorful peppers. You can cook Sweet and Sour fish using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Sweet and Sour fish
- It’s 250 gr of Gurami fish.
- You need 250 gr of flour seasoning.
- It’s 100 ml of water.
- You need 500 ml of Vegetables oil.
- You need of Carrot.
- You need of Cucumber.
- It’s of Spices.
- You need 1 tbsp of tomatoes paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomatoes sauce.
- Prepare 1.5 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili sauce.
- You need 5 gr of white onion (Bombay).
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic oil or sesame oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tapioca flour.
- You need 350 ml of water.
- Prepare 5 gr of pineapple.
It's a perfect dish to serve. Sweet and sour fish happens to be my hubby's favourite, so naturally, I often cook this dish. And it helped a lot that hubby has such a discerning taste for sweet and sour anything! He knew exactly what was lacking or that could be improved.
Sweet and Sour fish step by step
- Fillet the fish.
- Prepare spices and sweet sour sauce. boil 350ml water, tomatoes paste, tomatoes sauce,chili sauce,onion, pineapple and all spices. For 5 minute. We add tapioca flour after 5 minute done..
- Add fillet fish in flour with water, after that add to dry flour and fried till crispy..
- Carrot and cucumber, cut sliced.
- Tipping sauce and pickled carrot cucumber into fish. Serve.
Sometimes, the fish I used wasn't quite right and didn't go well. Check these other Recipe Videos Sweet and sour fish came to me as I was driving home from fishing. I'd caught some nice Pacific rockfish with my friend RJ out of Emeryville on the Sundance and was stuck in traffic, giving me some time to think. What would I do with these fish? It was hot at the time and I wanted something that.