Stewed Fish. The stew works best with a firm white fish, such as halibut or cod. You could also use red snapper or even tilapia. Just stay away from delicate fish such as sole for this stew, or oily fish such as tuna.
An all-star recipe for fish stew with a Sicilian twist! The comfort of Italian flavors in one delicious stew cooked in a white wine-tomato broth with garlic, capers, raisins more! Yes, I can make stewed fish without frying the fish first, but I highly recommend doing it this way. You can have Stewed Fish using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stewed Fish
- Prepare 2 pieces of Fish (fried).
- Prepare 1 of full onion (chopped).
- You need 2 of big tomatoes (chopped).
- You need 2 cloves of garlic (smashed).
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s of Cooking oil.
- You need of Salt.
- Prepare 1 piece of chillie (chopped).
Stew fish is a popular way of cooking fish here in Trinidad and Tobago. Unlike the Jamaican Brown Stew fish, ours tend to be more on the red side because of the tomatoes and tomato paste etc. Download Stewed fish stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. This healthy fish curry recipe showcases the complex flavors of Singapore.
Stewed Fish instructions
- Put the pan in a medium source of heat then add some cooking oil..
- Add the chopped onions and let it fry until light brown, thereafter again you add the smashed garlic, chillies and tomatoes..
- Cover the mixture with a lid for the tomatoes to soften..
- When ready, pour water inside then add some salt to taste..
- Now you can place the pieces of Fish inside, cover again and let it cook for about 10 to 15 minutes..
- Remove it from the heat, serve it while hot with ugali..
Soak up the sauce with rice noodles or brown rice. All Reviews for Spicy Tamarind Stewed Fish & Okra. Cut fish fillets into large chunks and seafood into manageable pieces. Put the oil, onion and garlic into a large pan and fry briefly. A simple Brazilian Fish Stew called Moqueca made with your choice of fish and simmered in coconut milk with onion, tomatoes, chilies and lime.