Fried gourami fish with sweet and spicy sour sauce. Sweet and sour is a very popular sauce in Chinese cuisine, with many different ways to make it. This recipe is the style that would be found in a Chinese You can enjoy this sauce as a dipping sauce for egg rolls or fried shrimp. With this recipe there's no reason to store sweet and sour packets anymore.
This quick and tasty sauce is sweet and sour as well as a little spicy. It's perfect on a crisp-skinned, moist pan-fried fish. Most Chinese-takeout sweet-and-sour sauces are bright red, gluey and sugary. You can cook Fried gourami fish with sweet and spicy sour sauce using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fried gourami fish with sweet and spicy sour sauce
- You need 1/2 kg of gourami fish.
- You need 1 of big onion (chopped).
- It’s 1 of spring onion (chopped).
- Prepare 2 of garlic (chopped).
- It’s 1 of fresh tomato (cut into 4).
- Prepare 2 of red chili (chopped).
- You need 1 of fresh chopped pinneaple.
- You need 4 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of flour.
- It’s 85 grams of mixing seasoned flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of buillon powder.
- You need of Frying oil.
- You need of Water.
Sweet and sour fish happens to be my hubby's favourite, so naturally, I often cook this dish. And it helped a lot that hubby has such a discerning taste for sweet and sour anything! Fishes with very delicate or flaky flesh aren't as suitable. That's because the flesh can come apart easily during frying.
Fried gourami fish with sweet and spicy sour sauce instructions
- Wash fish until clean then cut fish off the bone (cut into fillets). Dont throw the bones and head away..
- Mix 3 tbsp flour, little bit water, and mixing seasoned flour then coat the fish fillet in it. Coat the fish bone n head too.
- Heat frying oil in a pan then fry the fish..
- How to make a sauce: cut the pinneaple into cubes size.
- Saute the garlic first until fragrant then add chopped onion, red chili, spring onion, pinneaple and tomato then add tomato sauce and buillon powder. Stir then test taste.
- In separate place (in a cup of glass) mix 2 tbsp flour and 5 tbsp water then stir. Pour in a sauce pan then stir..
- Put "fried fish bone n head" on plate. Then put the "fried fish fillets" on it.
- Pour the sauce.
- Serve it.
Although I didn't care very much about this superstitious belief, fish is part of my childhood memories of New Year celebrations and my favourite way to enjoy it was with sweet and sour sauce. Most Chinese-takeout sweet-and-sour sauces are bright red, gluey, and sugary. Cook undisturbed over high heat until fillets are. Deep Fried Sole Fish with Sweet and Sour Chili Sauce. Crispy Gourami Fish Fried Rice with Salted Egg and Chilli.