Fish Molee(kerala style).
You can have Fish Molee(kerala style) using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish Molee(kerala style)
- Prepare 1/2 kg of Fish cleaned and cut to pieces.
- You need 2 cups of Savala cut to long pieces.
- You need 1 tsp of Maida (corn flour)optional.
- Prepare 2 tsps of ginger grated.
- It’s 2 tsps of garlic grated.
- You need 4 nos of Green chillies.
- It’s 2 tsps of pepper.
- It’s 2 sprigs of curry leaves.
- It’s 2 nos of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 no of lemon.
- It’s 2 cups of milk cocounut.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s to taste of salt.
Fish Molee(kerala style) instructions
- Clean the fish and marinate with little turmeric,salt and half the lemon juice,for about 30 minutes.
- Make 2 extractions of coconut milk.First extraction one cup and second extraction with 2 cups of water. If it is made from coconut milk powder prepare 2 cups milk of average consistency..
- .Saute the savala in the oil,till it is slightly soft.The colour should not change. Now add the green chillies splitted lengthwise,followed by the ginger and garlic.Now add the maida, followed by 2cups of second extraction of coconut milk or pure water.Add tumeric powder,1 tsp lemon juice,tomatoes cut to small pieces and a pinch of salt.Bring to boil.Now add the marinatedd fish pieces slowly one by one,and cook in slow fire for 15 to 20 minutes or till it is done..
- Now add the curry leaves,and the first extraction of coconut milk. Add more salt if required. Cook for a few more minutes, stirring softly or shaking the pan,so that the fish may not be broken. Take out from fire and garnish with cashews,fried semia or tomatoes. You can also saute mustard and add in if required..Serve hot.