Fish curry (traditional style). Similar Recipes, Goan Fish Curry Anchovies Fish Curry Sardine Fish Curry Chettinad Fish Curry Malabar Fish Curry Mackerel Fish Curry Many More. Tamarind in fish curry is palakkad style. Only gamboge / kudampuli we add.
It is popular in the Christian communities of Kerala, though not much popular in North Kerala/ Malabar. The traditional-style curry wasn't too oily and it complemented the fish. We got the traditional curry fish head and even dabao-ed the leftovers home when we couldn't finish it. You can have Fish curry (traditional style) using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fish curry (traditional style)
- Prepare 750 gms of fish cut and cleaned.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of oil.
- It’s 3 tbsps of chillie powder(kashmiri chilli powder).
- You need 1/2 tsps of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt (to taste).
- Prepare 1 tsp of fenugreek (Uluva).
- Prepare 1 tsps of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 3 tbsps of onion small , finely chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger-garlic finely chopped (paste) each.
- Prepare 4 – 5 sprigs of curry leaves.
- It’s 3 – 4 cloves of tamarind ofTamarind (Thottu puli) depending on the quality of the.
If you're looking for an air-conditioned place that serves an impressive selection of Halal-certified Chinese Tze Char. Traditional fish curry dish from Asian cuisine Ovehead view-fish curry. Traditional Goan cuisine – coconut fish curry GULAI IKAN KERING/DRIED FISH CURRY / SALTED FISH STEW – Malay traditional dish served in a white plate. These Hong Kong style curry fish balls are a beloved street food super easy to prepare at home.
Fish curry (traditional style) step by step
- Fish cut to small pieces,washed in vinegar and salt is drained fully and kept aside.
- Heat 2 tbsps of oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, followed by the fenugreek When it is reasonably fried,add the small onions, ginger,garlic,curry leaves and saute in low fire continuously stirring till the onions have started becoming crispy. Take out from the stove and immediately add the spices mixture containing chilly powder, turmeric powder and a pinch of salt. Continue stirring.Now add half a cup of water into the pan and put it back in the stove and continue to saute till th….
- The fish currry can be served hot or cold..
Do you want to be able to create an authentic Indian curry? This recipe was passed from generation to generation in my family, and it's simple enough for a Before I explain my recipe for traditional Indian curry, let me introduce myself. I am Indian, and traditional Indian. Try our easy to follow goan-style fish curry recipe. Absolutely delicious with the best ingredients from Woolworths.