Burong Isda (Fermented rice with fish).
You can cook Burong Isda (Fermented rice with fish) using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Burong Isda (Fermented rice with fish)
- It’s 2 cups of rice.
- Prepare 2 pcs. of tilapia fish (fillet) or choice of fish.
- You need of rock salt.
Burong Isda (Fermented rice with fish) step by step
- Wash 2 cups of rice for at least 4 times or until the water becomes clear. cook it in rice cooker with 3 cups of water.I use japanese rice for my buro.(always add 1 cup of water in every 2 cups of rice.for example you'll cook 5 cups of rice, then you should put 6 cups of rice to cook it for a mashy outcome).
- Once cooked, set aside the rice.let it cool down.I used cling wrap and cover the rice and let it cool down inside the fridge to rush the cooling stage of the rice..
- Season the rice with salt, you might want to taste it to determine the amount of salt needed. I don't have rock salt in my kitchen so i use iodized salt.But i strongly suggest to use rock salt for this..
- Clean and fillet the fish.remove blood and fats..
- Put the fillet in a colander/ strainer to drain water..
- Once drained, add salt on fillet. as if you're making a salted fish.just enough to cover each fillet..
- The layering part, make sure that your top and bottom portion is rice.compressed and evenly spread. layer rice..
- Second layer fish.and so on.until you consumed the rice and fish you prepared..
- After layering,cover your fermenting container with cling wrap to avoid air from coming in. or use air lock container..
- Store the container in a room temp. for 8-10 days.The more storing days,the sour it gets..