Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets. Sweet and Sour Fish is a very popular dish in China, and it's almost always served as a whole fish. This recipe is the much easier version Plate and serve immediately! For the best results, this Chinese Sweet and Sour Fish Fillet stir-fry should be cooked and finished right before ringing the dinner bell!
Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe from Easter China uses deep-fried white fish fillets and a sweet and sour sauce made with tomato paste and vinegar. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate.) This "sweet and sour fish fillet" recipe. Add in the cut fish fillet and mix well to combine. Toss it around so the fish gets evenly coated with the sauce. You can have Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets
- You need 2 pounds of fresh cod or bass or any thick white fish fillets, skin removed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, I used chili infused, divided use.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of butter, divided use.
- You need 2 teaspoon of asian seasoning blend spice plus more for sprinnkling.
- It’s 1/4 cup of rice flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cornstarch.
- Prepare 8 of button mushrooms.
- It’s 4 of baby bok choys.
- It’s of FOR BROTH.
- Prepare 4 cups of low or no sodium chicken broth.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of tamari soy sauce.
- You need of juice of 1 lime.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of seasoned rice vinegar.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need 3 tablespoon of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of honey.
- You need 2 teaspoons of sriracha hot sauce.
Serve hot with rice or I was looking for a recipe of sweet and sour sauce without use of pineapples I will try your recipe and share. Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper. For the sauce: Place a wok over high heat and when the wok is hot, add the oil. Sweet and Sour Fish – Simple and yet it left me satisfied.
Hot, Sweet and Sour Poached Fish Fillets instructions
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skilet. Add bok choy, cut side down and mushrooms, sprinkle with asian seasonong..
- Cook about 4 minutes on medium to just wllt bok choy, remove bok choy to a plate.
- Into skillet with mushrooms add chicken broth, tamari sauce, lime juice, seasoned rice vinegar, tomato paste, ginger, pepper, sriracha and honey. Simmer about 15 to 20minutes on medium low until reduced slighly.
- Combine rice flour , cornstarch and the 2 teaspoons asian seasoning asian on a plate.
- Brush fish very lightly with mayonaisse.
- Dip fush in flour mixture to very lightly coat, shake off any excess.
- In a skillet large enough to cook fish in one layer heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablspoon olive oil.Sear fish until holden anout 1 minute per side.
- Add broth to fish in skillet, cover and cook on low until fish is done, about 8 minutes depending on thickness of fish..
- Carefully remove fillets to serving plate, add baby bok choy to broth just for a minute to reheat, Serve fish with bok choy and mushrooms. Drizzle with broth ans serve the rest on the side. Rice is good with this as a side dish.
Please welcome her as a guest writer on Rasa Malaysia with the following serving of sweet and sour fish. Most of my friends do not cook as they find that cooking is a chore rather than an activity they'd enjoy. sweet and sour fish is made with battered and fried fish fillets doused with sweet and sour sauce. Add battered fish fillets and cook, turning once or twice, until golden and cooked through. I'd love to see what you made!mention @Kawalingpinoy and hashtag your photo. Dredge in cornstarch and allow to dry slightly on waxed paper.