Sweet and sour fish. Sweet and Sour Fish is a very popular dish in China, and it's almost always served as a whole fish. The dish tends to be quite expensive, as it's usually straight out of a live fish tank and served with a pretty fancy presentation. While I'm working on the recipe for the banquet-style whole sweet and.
Most of my friends do not cook as they find that cooking is a chore rather than an activity they'd enjoy. This Chinese sweet and sour fish recipe uses fish fillets to create a stunning presentation while keeping the cooking process as easy as possible. The fish is shallow-fried until super crispy and then drizzled with a rich and aromatic sauce that is loaded with colorful peppers. You can have Sweet and sour fish using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sweet and sour fish
- You need of fish.
- You need 3 of fish filits.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt and peper.
- Prepare of stirfry.
- Prepare 1 cup of carrots (Julien style).
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Sweet and sour sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
It's a perfect dish to serve. Sweet and sour fish happens to be my hubby's favourite, so naturally, I often cook this dish. And it helped a lot that hubby has such a discerning taste for sweet and sour anything! He knew exactly what was lacking or that could be improved.
Sweet and sour fish instructions
- Wash and clean the fish. Cut it in to bite sized peices..
- Season the flower in a bowl with salt and pepper. Beat the eggs and season it with salt and peper..
- Preheat the oil..
- Dip the fish in the flower and then the egg mixture. Place it in the hot oil and fry till golden. Set it aside..
- Heat the olive oil in a lage pan. Add the red pepper, onion and carrots. Fry for 5 minutes..
- Add the sweet and sout sauce ingredients and fry fir 5 minutes..
- Add the fish and fry for 5 minutes..
Sometimes, the fish I used wasn't quite right and didn't go well. Check these other Recipe Videos Sweet and sour fish came to me as I was driving home from fishing. I'd caught some nice Pacific rockfish with my friend RJ out of Emeryville on the Sundance and was stuck in traffic, giving me some time to think. What would I do with these fish? It was hot at the time and I wanted something that.