Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way. These homemade au gratin potatoes are always welcome at our dinner table, and they're so simple to make. A perfect complement to ham, this homey potato gratin also goes well with pork, chicken and other entrees. —Cris O'Brien, Virginia Beach, Virginia. Creamy cheesy and garlicky potatoes make the perfect side dish for your holiday meal!
The ingredients for Garlic Parmesan Au Gratin Potatoes are potatoes, cheese, and heavy cream with additional flavors such as garlic and thyme. It's important to use heavy cream instead of milk because the fat is important for the cheese sauce to bake properly. These cheesy funeral potatoes (or au gratin potatoes!) are so easy and delicious, plus that easy homemade sauce is canned My mom's cheesy au gratin potatoes (often called cheesy funeral potatoes in other circles*) ruined me for classic French-style au. You can have Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way
- You need 4 of large potatoes, peeled and sliced.
- You need 16 oz of block of Muenster cheese, or cheese of choice, i sliced mine thin OR grate it.
- It’s of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Grated parm for each layer.
- You need 3 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 cups of milk.
- It’s to taste of Salt, pepper, garlic powder or fresh garlic, smashed and chopped.
- You need of I cup of garlic bread crumbs or a cup or so of garlic croutons crushed.
How to Make Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes in an Instant Pot or Electric Pressure Cooker. This Instant Pot Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes recipe will work in any brand of electric pressure cooker, including the Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or Mealthy MultiPot. The best potatoes to use for au gratin potatoes are russets; they have How to make Potatoes Au Gratin. Begin by slicing the potatoes as thinly and uniformly as possible.
Cheesy Garlicky Potatoes Au Gratin, my way step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. Spray or grease an iron skillet or casserole dish. Place a layer of potatoes in the bottom of the skillet or pan, covering the bottom..
- Salt and pepper the potatoes and cover the layer with the cheese and a sprinkling of parm. Muenster is a softish cheese so I sliced it thin but you can grate it if you’re adventurous..
- Repeat the layers the same until all the potatoes and cheese are used, ending with cheese..
- In a medium sauce pan, On med/high heat, melt butter and add flour and stir for a minute. Pour in milk and whisk. Stir until it bubbles up and thickens. Add garlic, salt and pepper and stir..
- Pour sauce over potatoes and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes..
- Uncover the potatoes after 45 minutes and add bread crumbs and another sprinkling of parm. Return to oven, uncovered, and bake until hot, brown and bubbly, about another 15-20 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes then cut and enjoy..
My hubby loves potato au gratin, it's his favorite way of eating potatoes, so i make this. These cheesy, dreamy potatoes au gratin are the ultimate potato casserole. Layers of thinly sliced potatoes, cheese, garlic and And while when you have the time it is the ABSOLUTE BEST way to do things…sometimes we do not have the time and we must. This is one of my favorite recipes for potatoes au gratin. I make this is an enameled cast iron casserole so I can make the sauce and bake the potatoes all in the same pan.