Shepherds Pie P-lo Style. Shepherd's Pie is one of those foods that brings a smile to everyone's face – especially when you get seconds! While Shepherd's Pie is traditionally made with lamb, beef is just as tasty in this recipe. This is a timeless classic – make this once and you'll make it over.
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Shepherd's Pie is a savory meat pie with a crust made mashed potato. This Filipino style Shepherd's Pie Recipe is awesomely delicious Cheddar Cheese (optional). You can cook Shepherds Pie P-lo Style using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie P-lo Style
- Prepare 2-15 ounce of cans of sweet whole kernel corn.
- It’s 2-15 ounce of cans of veggie grove French style green beans.
- It’s 1 can (15 ounce) of sweet peas.
- Prepare 6-8 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 lb of shredded cheese (I use Mexican style).
- You need 1/2 of chopped onion.
- Prepare of Cilantro.
- You need of Milk(for mashed potatoes).
- You need of Butter(for mashed potatoes).
- It’s of Heavy Whipping cream or half and half cream(for mashed potatoes).
- You need 1 of and a half pound of ground hamburger meat.
Filipino style Shepherd's Pie Cooking Instructions: Peel and cut potatoes into halves, boil it for about. This easy shepherd's pie is a layered casserole of ground beef and veggies in a homemade gravy. It's topped with Cheddar I made a lot of shepherd's Pie and this is my favortie. The Best Classic Shepherd's Pie Recipe with meat and vegetable gravy and cheesy mashed potatoes.
Shepherds Pie P-lo Style step by step
- Peel and boil potatoes.
- While potatoes are boiling I add my meat over med high heat with onion and cilantro and seasons (salt pepper garlic) and cook about 15 minutes until all meat is browned and cooked thru then drain grease out of and set meat aside.
- Now potatoes should be about done once tender with fork drain water and add milk, butter, cream, salt pepper and garlic and mash (I have a mashed potato recipe on my page)…do as you would make mashed potatoes.
- Now grab a baking dish and add potatoes for the first layer.
- Then add drained meat on top for next layer.
- Now add cans of vegetables but drain liquid before you add each can then top with salt pepper and garlic.
- Final layer shredded cheese I top with salt and garlic and little more cilantro. And place in oven at 375.
- In about 20-30 minutes later all cheese will be melted and corners starting to brown remove dish and let sit few minutes to cool.
Shepherd's pie – perfect comfort food for cold winter days. American Shepherd's Pie, known elsewhere as Cottage Pie, is a mixture of ground beef and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes Shepherd's Pie is really not much more than a baked meat and vegetable casserole topped with potatoes, often using leftovers. This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe is filled with lots of veggies and tender ground beef (or lamb), simmered together in the most delicious sauce, and topped with the creamiest mashed potatoes. When you're in the mood for a meaty, savory comfort-food classic, serve Alton Brown's Shepherd's Pie from Good Eats on Food Network. Shepherds Pie: People frequently tell me that i make awesome shepherds pie, they could just be being nice, but i choose to believe I'm open to new interpretations!