Pot Roast. Pot roast is a braised beef dish made by browning a roast-sized piece of beef before slow cooking the meat in a covered dish, sometimes with vegetables, in or over liquid. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend!
Make this pot roast on a cold, rainy day for a cozy dinner that the whole family will love. For a slow-cooker version of this beef chuck roast, check out our crock-pot recipes. Slow Cooked Balsamic Pot Roast is perfect for an easy weekday or weekend dinner! You can have Pot Roast using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- You need 1-1/2 lbs of pot roast.
- You need 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 of med potatoes diced.
- Prepare 1 of celery stalk diced.
- It’s 1 of red bell pepper diced.
- It’s 4 of garlic clove minced.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of carrots diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1 cup of white cooking wine.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves (optional).
Fall apart-tender beef is slow cooked in a garlic balsamic sauce, along with potatoes and carrots to complete your meal! One of the best bang-for-buck meals of all time. Thanks to Turo for sponsoring this video! Dutch oven pot roast recipes are the ultimate comfort food.
Pot Roast step by step
- Drizzle half of olive oil into baking pan. Dice all vegetables and set aside. Mix the remaining olive oil with half the salt& pepper and rub into pot roast thoroughly..
- Place diced vegetables inside oiled baking pan and add the cup of wine.
- Place pot roast on top of vegetables add salt & pepper to taste and roast at 350* for 45 to 50 min. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 min and serve. Enjoy.
Make it unique with beer, cranberries or wine! Classic Pot Roast is an easy comfort food that is an absolute favorite. A one pot meal made easy in Remember, I said that pot roast isn't a specific cut of meat and is more the method of how you cook. Pot Roast – fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker.