Eggplant and Tomato Gratin.
You can have Eggplant and Tomato Gratin using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Eggplant and Tomato Gratin
- Prepare 1 of medium eggplant.
- It’s 2 of tomatos.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried herbs (oregano, basil, etc).
- You need 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of milk (or heavy cream if you prefer).
- It’s 3/4 cup of shredded fontina cheese (mozzarella or any other nice white cheese works too).
- Prepare of salt and pepper.
Eggplant and Tomato Gratin instructions
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a shallow oven-safe dish with nonstick cooking spray..
- Slice eggplant into 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch slices. Slice the tomato into somewhat thin slices. Arrange in the dish so that nothing is overlapping..
- Sprinkle with the herbs and garlic. Pour the milk or cream on top of everything. Then top with the shredded cheese. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes until bubbly. Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes until cheese has slightly browned. Let cool slightly before enjoying!.